Tuesday, January 04, 2005

I did do some cooking on New Year's Eve. Well baking actually. I made Key Lime Tarts. They were pretty tasty and easy. The only changes I made to the recipe were the cookies. I couldn't find just plain key lime cookies. The cookies I purchased had white chocolate in them. And the recipe called for store brought whiped cream, while I made the whipped cream from scratch. Ok I didn't actually milk the cow. I used half a cup of whipping cream, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and 2 tablespoons of sugar. And mixed it all together with my mixer. Then added it on top of the cooled tarts. I used a Food Network picture because I forgot to take my own.

Key Lime Tarts Posted by Hello

10 comments:

Mike said...

Mmmmm carboliscious :-)

foodiechickie said...

Hey it was a holiday.

Bailey said...

I found your comments at http://jen14221.typepad.com/. My link should work now.

foodiechickie said...

Ahh I can see your blog now! Just making sure. Thanks.

Jes said...

Those sound super yummy! I wonder if My Hubby likes key lime? We've been together for almost 7 years....and I honestly couldn't say! Time or a new experiment I guess!!

Later on today I'll be updating my links...and I'm adding you to them! LOL

foodiechickie said...

Is this Sweet Peas? The tarts were a good and easy. Hey you do ALOT of other things from what I can see on your blog. Thanks for linking me! You are already up.

Giao said...

Ani, that pic of your key lime tarts is gorgeous!!!

Happy 2005! Hope it's just as delicious as 2004!

foodiechickie said...

Thanks! I wish it were my pic though! I wish you and Monkey a very Happy New Year as well!

Dawn Falcone said...

Ani,
Jes mentioned your key lime tarts on her sight & I had to check them out. They look amazing! I can't wait to make them.

foodiechickie said...

Hi Dawn! Yeah I just commented on Jes's blog. They were tasty/easy! I would recommend them! Good luck to you with the food blog awards!