Monday, June 08, 2015

Marakesh Carrots

When I was a little girl carrots were one of my favorite snack. I would eat the outside until I reached the sweet center. My children are a big fan of baby carrots. They eat it like candy. So I was excited to try Joy The Baker's recipe for Marakesh Carrots. I only omitted the dates. Because I hate them. Will you forgive me? I added a splash of balsamic vinegar too.  I ran out of feta(hey we love feta), but I would like to try adding it the next time I make this salad. Oh and I will!







Marakesh Carrots 

Ingredients

4 cups grated carrots
1 1/2 cups garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
7 Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
4 green onions, white and green parts, chopped
1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
3 tablespoons olive oil
zest and juice of 2 limes
3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon tumeric
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
1/2 cup shelled roasted pistachios, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese

Directions

In a large bowl combine the carrots, garbanzo beans, chopped dates, green onions, cilantro and chopped pistachios.
In another bowl, whisk together olive oil, zest and juice of limes, cumin, nutmeg, turmeric, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
Pour the dressing over the carrot mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle in the feta cheese and toss lightly. Serve immediately or cover and chill in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.



No comments: