Monday, May 18, 2015

Warm Chorizo and Potato Salad

I don't really know what prompted me to try this warm chorizo and potato Salad.
I am trying really hard to eat mostly healthy. And that means less meat and carbs. Most of the time I fill my inbox with recipes I may try and later on scour through to see which ones I can make. I guess the ease of it won me over. And who doesn't love Chorizo and potatoes. But there was no mayo in this one. Although the olive oil is fried with chorizo. But it was phenomenal. I would recommend the Aldi brand Chorizo. It was so flavorful. A burst of cumin. I won't make this dish very often though. But I would really like to!

Warm Chorizo and Potato Salad

Serves 4

Ingredients:

400g new potatoes, halved
4 eggs
50g chorizo, roughly chopped
1 red pepper, cubed
a handful of parsley, finely chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp sweet paprika
a pinch of salt
a twist of black pepper
Method:

Bring your potatoes to a brisk boil in lightly salted water, cover with a lid. Meanwhile, immerse your eggs in cold water and bring to the boil.
Once boiling, cook your eggs for exactly 5 minutes. Once cooked transfer them to a bowl of cold water and leave to cool.
Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the chorizo until crispy, set aside. Mix together the diced pepper, chopped parsley, olive oil (from the frying pan), paprika, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
Once the Potatoes are soft through quickly rinse in cold water and add to the bowl. Slice the cooled eggs each into 8 pieces and add to the potatoes, along with half the chorizo.
Mix everything together thoroughly and top with the remaining chorizo. Serve immediately for a warm salad. It keeps well in the fridge for 2 days.

No comments: