Wednesday, May 20, 2015

I love sushi. But it is rather expensive. And rightfully so. But I want my sushi without having to go bankrupt and dish Spicy Tuna Salad with Cucumber Noodles
does that. It was so easy to put together. I cheated and just rough chopped the cucumber. Though I love my spiralizer. I used used canned tuna. I couldn't figure out where to get sushi grade Tuna.

Spicy Tuna Salad with Cucumber Noodles
Prep time:  20 minsTotal time:  20 mins
Serves: 2

Ingredients
1 large seedless English cucumber, Blade C, noodles trimmed
For the tuna:
6 ounces sushi grade ahi tuna(I used canned. Still flavorful. Sue me.)
2 scallion stalks, diced
2.5 tablespoon sriracha sauce (or other hot sauce)
3 tablespoons greek yogurt
For the dressing:
2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
¼ teaspoon mashed and finely minced ginger
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon honey
salt and pepper, to taste
Instructions
Pat dry the cucumbers thoroughly. Set aside.
Cut the tuna into small cubes and mash it with a fork. Set aside in a medium mixing bowl with the scallions.
Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl and set aside.
Whisk together the hot sauce and greek yogurt. Transfer to the bowl with the tuna and toss together until combined.
Divide the cucumber noodles into two bowls and drizzle with the dressing, then top with spicy tuna and drizzle again with the dressing.

No comments: