My husband, bless his heart made our dinner. I had found this recipe for Corned Beef with vegetables. He said it was very easy to prepare. I would only change the water to 1 cup and the vegetables really need an hour to cook for them to be tender. But the beef tasted amazing at 3 hours. Literally was falling apart.
CORNED BEEF WITH VEGETABLES
1 package Corned Beef Brisket
6 potatoes quartered
3 carrots, cut into chunks
1 green cabbage, cut up
1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
½ cup hot water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Unwrap the brisket and place it fat side up inside the baking dish.
3. If it came with a spice packet, sprinkle it over the top, then sprinkle on the black peppercorns and minced
garlic and rub it in.
4. Cover the dish with a lid or heavy aluminum foil and place it in the oven for 2½ hours3½ hours.
5. Check the brisket by inserting a fork in the meat.
6. If it goes in easily, it’s ready; if it meets with resistance, bake for another 30 minutesor up to an hour
in some cases!
7. If the brisket is tough, it hasn't cooked long enough!
8. Once the brisket is fork tender, remove it from the oven and let it rest, covered loosely in foil. Add
cabbage and veggies during the last ½ hour 45 minutes plus water
9. Slice Corned beef into good sized slices, serve veggies along side.