Friday, June 14, 2013

Buffalo Chicken Salad

I love buffalo chicken. It is really one of the few ways I like chicken. But it is an unhealthy appetizer. So when I found a recipe over at Closet Cooking for a grilled buffalo chicken salad I nearly jumped for joy. I made it for dinner and it was just amazing. I followed the directions except I had buffalo salad dressing and used that instead of the blue cheese sauce. But I did have blue cheese which I crumbled on top. Really flavorful and healthy.


Buffalo Chicken Salad from Closet Cooking
(makes 4 servings)

Ingredients
2 chicken breasts (about a pound)
2 tablespoons hot sauce
salt and pepper
1 tablespoon oil
1 head romaine lettuce (cut into 1 inch thick slices)
2 carrots (shredded)
4 stalks celery (sliced)
2 green onions (sliced)
1/2 cup blue cheese dressing
hot sauce to taste


Directions
1. Marinate the chicken in the hot sauce, salt and pepper for 30+ minutes.
2. Brush the oil on the grill and grill the chicken until cooked, about 4-5 minutes per side and set aside while you make the salad.
3. Assemble salad and toss in the dressing.
4. Serve salad topped with sliced chicken. (Add extra hot sauce if you like it hot.)

No comments: