Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad from Closet Cooking
A light and fresh tabbouleh salad with quinoa, tomatoes, cucumbers and loads of fresh parsley and mint in a bright lemon dressing.
Makes 4+ servings
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup tomato, diced
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, toasted and ground (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring the water and quinoa to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the quinoa is tender and the liquid has all been absorbed, about 17-20 minutes and let cool.
- Mix the quinoa, tomato, cucumber, parsley, mint and green onion.
- Mix the lemon juice, olive oil, cumin, salt and pepper and toss with salad.