Friday, January 18, 2013

I unfortunately recently ate some of Bird's Eye's Cheddar Chicken and Potato skillet meal. I really don't understand how this could be called food. I wouldn't even feed it to a pet. So I took it upon myself to find a recipe that was a lot better. And luckily I found one at Riches to Rags by Dori. Her Loaded Skillet Potatoes were divine. My husband couldn't stop raving about them. And neither could I.  Really easy to put together and I am sure you will have all of the ingredients in your kitchen.  Kind of reminded me of IHOP's Jack, Cheddar & Bacon Potatoes which are so fantastic.





Loaded Skillet Potatoes
 

Ingredients

2-3 Large Chicken Breasts cubed
1 small yellow onion (chopped)
5 Potatoes
1 lb of Bacon
3-4 cups of shredded Monterrey and Jack Cheese
 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
4 T. of Butter

Toppings
Chopped green onions
Ranch Dressing

Directions

Cook your bacon. Oven is fine to cook it in. Let it get crispy but not to burned. Save your bacon grease. When done set aside. Wash your potatoes well. You can either microwave them, bake them or boil them. I microwaved 5 medium potatoes for about 15 minutes. When they were soft I put them in the freezer to cool down.  Cut up your chicken and season. To cook the chicken use about 3 T of bacon oil and heat well. Saute the onions and then remove them. Add another Tablespoon of bacon grease if needed and cook the chicken when the oil is hot. Let the chicken start to brown, let it cook until both sides until they are nice and brown. Add in the onions and crumbled bacon with the heavy cream . Season with a little salt and pepper and mix well.  When the potatoes have cooled in the freezer take them out and peel the outside off with a fork or knife. It will come off really easy. Crumble potatoes and add to the skillet. Mix with the chicken and bacon then add the cheese on top. Put the skillet in the oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. And enjoy!


No comments: