Thursday, August 25, 2011

I'm always on the lookout for recipes that come from only using a crock pot. The prep time is cut short and in the end a satisfying meal is waiting.

This particular recipe uses only three ingredients. But after I had a taste I still felt it needed more so I ended up adding garlic and onion powder and Italian herbs to it. It really only was three more ingredients.



3 Ingredient Crock Pot Pasta Sauce
Adapted from Real Mom Kitchen

1 lb. Italian sausage (I used a 19.76 oz pkg of mild links and removed the casings)
5 cloves garlic, crushed
3 (14.5 oz) cans crushed tomatoes (if you like hunks of tomatoes you can use 1 can of diced tomatoes in place of one of the cans of crushed)
Brown the sausage in a skillet along with the garlic. Drain off the grease and add to a crock pot.
Add the canned tomatoes to the sausage in the crock pot. Stir to combine and cook on low for 6 – 8 hours. Serve over cooked pasta

No comments: