This latest recipe has seafood in it. Specifically juicy, sweet scallops. Big or small still delicious. And the scallops are paired with chickpeas. A pleasant combination of sweet and mild.
Again I had altered the recipe a bit I used mixed salad as this is what I used and I omitted the parsley. Still quite good.
Sorry for the quite poor photo. Hope to be corrected soon.
Grilled Scallops with Lemon Chickpea Salad
Adapted from The Cooking Photographer
15.5 ounce can garbanzo beans
1 clove garlic, minced
1 stalk celery
1/3 cup chopped fresh leaf parsley (Or 1 teaspoon dried.)
3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice, divided
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
1/2 pound sea scallops, rinsed and patted dry.
4 cups baby spinach
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the grill to high. Pull beards off of scallops if they’re still attached. Set aside.
2. In medium-sized bowl combine chickpeas, garlic, celery, parsley, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
3. In another medium-sized bowl combine 2 teaspoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and toss in scallops to coat.
4. Divide spinach onto four plates and evenly spoon chickpea mixture over the top.
5. Grill scallops for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until firm to the touch but not rubbery. Evenly divide among salads and serve immediately.