Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Niel has been wanting to try the Ben and Jerry's Black and Tan ice cream for a while now. With his whole different beer trying curiosity and all. But that is another story. We had a little trouble finding it at first but then on a whim I checked my local supermarket again and there it was staring back at me in its icey home. I scooped it up and smiled and said "Muhahahaah". Ok I didn't say the last part. Black and Tan is a beer reference. In the product the frothy part of the beer is supposedly mixed in with some chocolate ice cream. Therefore Black and Tan. The name also refers to a bloody battle between Ireland and England. Some people were not happy with the name. We chuckle at the name because it reminds us of a short lived animated MTV show called Clone High and two of the characters sort of had a detective agency used the name Black and Tan for it. Anyway inside joke. Below are the pics. I couldn't stop taking pics of Niel after awhile. He is pretty cute. Oh the ice cream just tasted like coffee ice cream. No bitterness to it. Much better than the Coke Blak crap.





















Song Stuck In My Head: "I'VE SEEN BETTER DAYS" by SUBLIME(resung)

7 comments:

Mike said...

When Niel first wrote about it, I thought it would have more of a beer taste. Beer and chocolate didn't sound too appetiziing to me. But it makes more sense that it's the froth flavor mixed with chocolate.

I don't think I'll be trying that particilar flavor, but thanks for the report.

foodiechickie said...

I did too. It was interesting to try but I wouldn't buy it again.

TG said...

so, really, you got "coffee" from it? i LOVE this ice cream but i'm a fan of malt. that's the flavor of the pale ice cream (actually they call it "stout" ice cream but that's malt), with the darker ice cream being chocolate. chocolate+malt is my favorite; i didn't get coffee at all...

foodiechickie said...

If you like Coffee ice cream then it's not bad. I can take it or leave it.

Lisanne said...

I went grocery shopping this morning and saw that stuff in the freezer! LOL! :) Too funny and ironic that you would post about it today. I *wanted* to try it but figured that I probably shouldn't, being pregnant and all. HEHE! :) Glad to know that it's "not all that." I love coffee ice cream, though. Jeff bought me some "Turtle Soup" yesterday, and today I bought "Chunky Monkey." :)

MarylandMommy said...

I love coffee flavored stuff so I bet I would like it! I will have to try it!

foodiechickie said...

TG: Yep I got coffee from it.

That is funny Lisanne. Not sure but don't really know if the icecream has any alcohol in it.

Hope you like it MM.