Thursday, April 20, 2006

So apparently mashed potato balls stuffed with meat are really an international dish. I wrote about how I tried one at a Hispanic Christening party and then at my mom's house for my birthday. Then I also saw it at a pizzeria. The one at the pizzeria was much larger and the potato was fluffier. I don't know how they got the inside to stay so fluffy. Plus the ground meat filling had tomato sauce mixed in. Neither of the potato balls I tried before did. The one at the pizzeria was sort of eating a condensed shepherd's pie but with tomato sauce. All were pretty tasty.








Song Stuck In My Head: "Milkshake" by Kelis

2 comments:

Lisanne said...

Have you ever eaten at Pizzeria Uno? Who am I kidding ~ of course you probably have! Anyway, they have a mashed potato pizza appetizer thingy that's *so* freaking good. Reminded me of that when I read this blog entry.

foodiechickie said...

Yes I have but not in a long time. That is my favorite item on their menu:). I could have sworn we had this conversation before:)