Thursday, July 07, 2005

My grandmother has the smartest little dog in the world. His name is Hercules and he is three years old. He is half Italian Spinoni and Chihuahua. His body shape is Chihuahua but his fur is Spinoni. In the picture below they had shaved him because it is a bit hotter now in California. Hercules is quite cute and not just physically. He knows how to play catch and will let you know when he wants to by bringing you the ball and then leading you to the door. I guess that is the Spinoni part of him, enjoying going after something. He had me wrapped around his paw, because I would play with him everyday. When he barks he puts a ball in his mouth so he is not too noisy. Hercules had no training, he's just naturally smart. He barks at strangers first unless he gets to know you then he'll try to get you to play ball with him. Hercules hates people on bikes because he was run over by one and is terrified of flies. He loves to drive around in the car like most dogs do, but doesn't enjoy eating. He rather nibble throughout the day. Hercules did enjoy our daily walks through his neighborhood and used to stop at one particular gate to say hello to his doggy friend Meano. Meano is a Bull Mastif. I used to be particular to larger dogs before I met Hercules, but now I like both types equally. I miss you Hercules.

 Posted by Picasa



Forgot to mention it before but my review of Sin City got published. Please read it here if you have a minute. Thanks.

Song Stuck In My Head:"Every Rose Has Its Thorn" by Poison

6 comments:

foodiechickie said...

Yes Hercules sure did make me see something in little dogs. But I guess it does depend on the personality. Thanks!

Yvett said...

I think it's adorable that his name is Hercules. Too funny!

Congratulations on your review! I just read it right now.

Leslie said...

Hi Ani!
Sorry I didn't get to chat or see you :(

I don't know if I'm coming or going lately.....lack of sleep is ROUGH. Sleep is a LUXURY!

I loved your list below (re: L.A.!) -- and I especially like how your grandma likes to pop bubble wrap!

And a Baby Pool Goody is on its way to you tomorrow!!!

foodiechickie said...

Thanks Yvett. They thought of the name Hercules since he's so tiny. And Hercules was so big and strong. Bet you already figured that out huh. LOL.

Thanks Leslie.

MarylandMommy said...

Cute dog!!! I love dogs big & small. We have two mini weenies but hope to get a big dog soon. My husband grew up on a farm & always had border collies. I would love to surprise him with one.

foodiechickie said...

That is a great idea! I looooove Collies. One of my favorite big dog breeds. The other is the Golden Retriever.