Friday, July 08, 2005

London is a city I have always wanted to visit ever since high school when I fell in love with bands from England. Such as The Beatles, The Cure, The Clash, and Echo and The Bunnymen (to name a few.)

Besides the rich music I've loved the various accents, their different words for elevator (lift), and apartment (flat), fries (chips), their rich culture and many sites to see. And I hope someday to still visit the lovely city.

But right now my heart is sad for this incredible city. I thought the tragic news had to be a mistake!? I thought the reporter meant to say Iraq. It's terrible to admit but I had gotten immune to constantly hearing about Iraq's fatalities. But London? It hadn't had such problems in a while.

May this never happen again, anywhere.

Song Stuck In My Head: "Yesterday" by The Beatles

8 comments:

davidjdowd said...

On the bright side vacationing (taking a holiday) there will probably be alot cheeper in the next few months.

Hollys company has an office in london and they got word that things where back to normal there yesterday. Alot of people took fiday off in the london office though.

foodiechickie said...

Their dollar is still high. We were going to go there in the late Fall/Winter but cause of the American dollar being so low we changed our plans.

Yvett said...

I know exactly what you mean. I've ALWAYS wanted to go there. I love their whole culture. I felt sooo bad when I heard of the attacks. I felt just as if they would've happened here in the U.S.

foodiechickie said...

I hope you get to go someday Yvett!

cessna said...

oh, it's a glorious place! expensive, but so worth it.

i *heart* britain....

foodiechickie said...

That is so cool you got to go there!

Jesser said...

I think as Americans we've got a special relationship with Britain. I too love their culture ... and when London was attacked, it was personal to me. In a way that other places somehow weren't (I hate to say that, but it's true)...

foodiechickie said...

I understand.