Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Thankfully Niel finally went to the doctor. He hasn't been in a while and had been having awful indigestion and problems sleeping. The diagnosis was good. His lungs and heart are very healthy. Niel has GERD and with medication it can thankfully be treated! He just needs to take a test to see how long he has had it(we think for a while) and may be the cause of not just his indigestion problems, but his sleeping. When Niel told me what the doctor's diagnosis was and treatment, it was as if someone told me I won the lottery.

Ever wonder what happened to 80's hearththrob Kirk Cameron? Well here's your answer. Found on Dooce.com.

I am reading a new book The Gospel According To Tony Soprano.
The writing and the structure of the book are not very good, but the theories the author brings up are interesting. He raises some interesting questions and comparisons between the show and religion. A good read for any Soprano fan!

Dinner last night was Israeli chicken(minus the zucchini, just used the rest of the ingredients for the toping), Tabouleh Salad, and red pepper/Feta dip which we put on top of the chicken as well. I'll post the picture tomorrow. I forgot to email it to myself. It was really good!

A few facts from the Martha Stewart's August Issue:

The Morning Glory vine, whose flowers bloom just as the sun rises and close in the afternoon, twines around its support clockwise, regardless of climate or hemisphere.

The first printed definition of the word cocktail appeared in 1806 in a New York newspaper; it described a "stimulating liquor, composed of spirits of any kind, sugar, water and bitters."

America is named after Amerigo Vespucci, a pickle peddler from Italy who took a bread from selling his wares to go explore the New World in 1499. After reading Vespucci's accounts, a cartographer suggested that the new land be called America, and it stuck. (This should have been in their July issue.)

The earliest picture posted cards had room on the back for only postage and an address. But due to their growing popularity, on March 1, 1907, Congress granted vendors extra space for personalized message.

6 comments:

curlygirl said...

I hope Niel feels better soon. I'm glad he went to find out what was bothering him, some people won't even do that.
What's up with Kirk Cameron? I had heard a while back that he became SUPER religious.

Peruby said...

GERD is one of the fastest growing problems today. I have been suffering for about 2 years now. I was on Prevacid and Prilosec. I preferred prevacid. However, I kept getting the attacks. They took my gall bladder out, still no luck. Found out I also have a hiatal (sp?) hernia. I finally chucked all the medicine. A lot of my pain came when I was emotionally upset. I am raising two teenagers so that is a lot of upset! My pain is better now, but I don't know why. I haven't really changed my diet. They also say not to lie down too soon after eating. Yeah, right! Good luck with the medicine. I hope it works for you.

foodiechickie said...

Thanks Curly and Peruby!

Curly - I heard the same thing about Kirk Cameron. I think he did so because his wife Chelsea Noble is very very religious.

Peruby - I have something similar which is Acid Reflux Diseas. I take Prilosec for that which thankfully helps. The burn would get so bad sometimes.

Anonymous said...

Gosh, so that's what happened to Kirk Cameron! He's still kind of cute, no?

Wishing you two luck with the GERD meds!

Anonymous said...

Ah, that was me!

~ laura

foodiechickie said...

Still cute yes. Thanks for the well wishes.