Tuesday, August 31, 2004

I ended up selling two items from ebay. Maybe I'll try having another ebay sale to see if I can sell any more items that way before I try selling them at a flea market.

I have to get my act together and try to sell some frames at a craft festival that runs weekly in the city.

Has anyone seen that commercial I think its a GE commercial with Christopher Columbus? He asks for ships from the Queen of Spain and they give him boats. Too funny.

Niel was correct. Hah what a shocker. He was correct that if a person eats their food slower they feel fuller. I think I heard that some place else also. Anyway yesterday I was so busy at work I was eating in small increments. I was quite full by the end, and the feeling of I am starving to death is gone. I felt like that after breakfast the first few days of being on SB, this luckily has changed since yesterday. It was also the first day I have not thought of all the things I could not eat since being on SB. It took almost a week but atleast I am not fiending anymore. Woo hoo. I also have to get my act together and type it some more information about South Beach for you folks.

Yesterdays dinner was not so good. It looked semi appetizing when I read it in the SB book for phase 1, but after actually eating it we decided it was not good. We like seafood but these recipes don't call for a lot of spices. Maybe the lack of flavor was the problem. The dish was red snapper stuffed with sautéed onions, celery, green peppers, and cooked in the oven for half an hour on 350. Sounds good right? It so was not! The side dish of two bean salad was good; but that is something I have made since our first year of marriage and it was a given it would be flavorful. Oh well can't have winning meals all the time.

10 comments:

Mike said...

Ive heard the same thing Niel mentioned about eating slower. It makes sense. Another tip I've heard is to drink a glass of water about 10 minutes before eating a meal. The water fills up your belly, so you're less likely to over indulge.

foodiechickie said...

Huh I'll try that. Although I drink 8 to 12 glasses a day.

Mike said...

Do you drink dasANI water ;-)

foodiechickie said...

Yes. Niel told me about it a long while ago, then I started to see it in stores. Its made by Coke.

Niel said...

DASani is a German word meaning "The Ani" or "These Ani"

foodiechickie said...

lol.

Shannon said...

Good luck with ebay! I've found people will buy just about anything. I cleaned out my closet and sold a bunch of stuff just in the last couple weeks. I've found if you list on Sundays you have better luck.

foodiechickie said...

Oooh thanks for the tip!

Rachel said...

The 2 bean salad sounds great.

foodiechickie said...

That was good. You can use any two cans of beans you have in the house(I usually keep two varieties of anything), chop of an onion, dump the beans & onions in a bowl and put a quarter cup vinegar & olive oil with it, salt and pepper and let it marinate for a bit and enjoy. Even better the next day. Yum yum in the tum.