Thursday, May 06, 2004

Some yummy recipes cooked in my home this past week:

Beef stew bowls.
I had enough for left overs!

Salmon Fish cakes cakes with instant Pad Thai


Another one I have made a few times is:

Chili Pie
1 lb of sweet Italian chicken sausage(remove casings)
1TB Chili Powder
2 15 ounce cans kidney beans in sauce
1/2 cup hot salsa
1 8.5 ounce box corn bread mix(requires one egg and 1/3 cup of water)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Heat oven to 400F. Cook the sausage over medium heat in an oven safe skillet, breaking and cooking meat until browned. Drain the fat. Add the chili powder and cook, strirring constantly, for 1 minute. Add the beans and salsa. Heat to boiling. Meanwhile, prepare the corn bread mix according g to the label directions. Stir in the cheddar. Remove the chili from the heat and spread the corn bread batter over the chili. Place the skillet in the oven and bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. Remove and rest for 10 minutes before eating. Enjoy!

I have made the last two recipes a few times the past couple of months and I guess they have become favorites. I like to try different things each night so dinners don't become mundane, but always go back to those two dishes, because they are flavorful and simple to make.(I kind of feel bad for being picky..most people are starving in some countries).

Two funny things I have seen during my commute this week a little boy who looked pretty tall(I would guess five?) drinking from a baby bottle.

A little old Asian lady with purple hair (with a pixie cut) being pushed in a wheel chair.

After the rain Monday and with the combination of cut grass. There was a smell in my neighborhood which reminded me of lady apples. I have been wanting them all week! They are so cute and small and tart.

I can't believe tonight is the last episode of Friends. I have been dreading this since last Summer. I can't believe it has been ten years and I know they couldn't go on further with story lines, but I hope every now and then they have specials and I'll get to take a peek into these charachters lives. I know the Joey show is premiering this Fall and I honestly have no clue what to expect. Maybe it'll be as popular as Frasier which was a spinoff of Cheers.