Friday, May 07, 2004

I found this neat game yesterday on Jess's site. It is sooooo much fun. I got 13 out of 26 right. I can't believe I know so many logo's from fast food places. Ay another addictive online game.

A cute picture I thought I would share of drawer pulls we purchased at Disney for a cabinet we brought from Target
a few months back. The old handles kept falling off probably because they are made of plastic made to look like metal. But there is nothing like metal as in the case with our new Mickey knobs, which are strong. I don't think we'll be Mickeying up the entire house though that would be overkill.

I am now having problems with Yahoo photos. I believe I ran out of room. So I am looking into to switching again. I think I'll have to upload the gazillion pictures I have from the Yahoo and Snapfish files(I stopped using them when they lost my disposable camera...still pissed off about it) to Ofoto.

Van Helsing looks really good. I hope to see it soon.

My coworker's niece at the age of 28 and only being married for 5 months discovered she has a form of epilepsy which makes her suddenly faint. So she had to quit her job and is confined to her home until her doctor's try to figure out a way to stop the fainting steps. Meanwhile this poor woman has to worry about her health, feel guilty for the one income and what kind of strain this has put on her marriage. Her husband is super supportive and they are not the sort of folk to complain, but one can see the worry on their poor faces. It pains me to hear when people who say things like having my health is not a big deal when I don't have this or that. Health is everything. Without health a person can't work, go places, or have a life period.

Sadly the Friday Five
is no more. I have one more left. I'll try to get access to the archives, but I truly doubt it. Too bad. I enjoyed it greatly.

1. Do you enjoy the cold weather and snow for the holidays?
I don't care for very cold weather. Such as anything below 40. I do like the snow. I have always associated snow and winter together I guess because I grew up in a part of the county that has almost always had snow.

2. What is your ideal holiday celebration? How, where, with whom would you celebrate to make things perfect?
My ideal Christmas is very Norman Rockwell. Niel and I would have a home and our families would come over and stay from Christmas Eve to Christmas day and we would have a wonderful breakfast together, go to church, watch movies and the next day wake up open gifts, eat breakfast and spend the day together again. I doubt it would ever happen. Sad.

3. Do you do have any holiday traditions?
Now that I married into a half Italian Catholic family they eat some fish for Christmas Eve. My mom in law does Christmas day and my mom does Christmas Eve(yes she makes great seafood dishes).

4. Do you do anything to help the needy?
In general I give change or food but I could do more. I also ran in a charity race a few years back. I'd like to do it again but have had difficulty finding donations.

5. What one gift would you like for yourself?
Less stress and health for Niel and I. Ok that's a few gifts.