Friday, February 13, 2004

I took Friday off because I wanted to surprise Niel with a gift. But that didn’t work out partly because he was home. Although we are still going to go get his surprise. So I ended up working on three of the four articles I have ideas for. I submitted one anso far. I also have six children’s books and a cookbook in the works. I wish I were more like Niel when he is inspired at a particular time to write. I have to rely on when inspiration strikes. It could be on the train, lying at bed in the middle of the night or cooking. So I just decided to force myself to writ today because otherwise it could take me months to finish any of the articles or books. I don’t know how I lost that ability to work on a deadline. I guess because after leaving college and the college newspaper I didn’t have anymore writing deadlines and I did not give myself any. I hope to be able to get back to a better schedule and churn out stories. It is a bit difficult because I have a full time job, am married, enjoy spending time with Niel, and when I come home all I want to do is eat and relax by watching T.V. But at the same time I enjoy being busy. I get restless when I have nothing to do. I like working on stories, learning to knit, making frames, and creating mosaic pottery. I was even considering taking a cooking and ceramics class. I need these outlets.

No comments: