Friday, October 31, 2003

I hoped today would be an easier day. Yesterday was work related stress and today is people related stress.
What is going on in the world and in the lives of some people I know puts things in perspective. I don't think these things happen to them on purpose so the rest of us who are focused on getting a head wake up; but it sure does make me think.
My coworker's sister-in-law passed away. She was in a coma for a few weeks. Before she fell into a coma she was hospitalized for minor things. All ailments that are a part of getting old. Before the a coma everyone thought she would get better, after the a coma everyone except her husband waited for her to die. Although it was a long illness and it was expected for her not to recover, I think the shock is still there.
Another coworker's child was recently hospitalized for mutilating herself. At the age of 3 his daughter was diagnosed with Autism . He and his wife have spent their lives dedicated to her health and well-being. I can only imagine what they are going through.
And of course for Johnny whom all of a sudden he was hit with this irreversible illness. I hope he can be one of the many that can live a "normal" life with it.
The silly problems I struggle with like when to have my site up, how I try to stop myself from succeeding, and how I let my writing go, all seem like nothing now.

No comments: