Thursday, October 23, 2003

The Farmer’s Market which is usually on Union Square, is also temporarily (Oct 2 to Nov 9) also at Rockefeller Center . So my coworker Isabelle and I took a walk up there. The air was nice and chilly. There were varieties of apples, pears, cheese, salads, baked goods, jams, plants and flowers. We sampled some, yummy pumpkin bread, cheese (tasted like blue but wasn’t), sour cherry jam (my favorite), strawberry and rhubarb jam (only tasted the strawberry). I picked up some treats for Niel. I haven’t been out of the office during the day in a while. It was nice. I love Farmer’s Markets and especially in the Fall. It makes me think of how hard the farmer’s work to get their crop. I have such a romantic image of farm life. I know it is a lot of hard work but I think it is fun as also. Well maybe just for me. I am going to try to find a recipe for Pumpkin bread. I don’t like Pumpkin but I tried it by accident and it was great! It tasted a lot like carrot bread. I guess cause of the spices used. Since I am such a foody, Isabelle suggested I also visit the
Chelsea Market . I can’t wait.

No comments: