Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Pizza Macaroni & Cheese Recipe

My food horizons are sure changing. I thought I was an adventurous girl but I really like to eat the same cuisine from a particular culture or dish from a particular restaurant. I guess this also applies to being a purist. I only enjoy plain grilled cheese. Though it is nice to expand my horizons and enjoy different varieties of old favorites. I love mac and cheese. Straight from the box. Whatever brand it is. Recently I tried Pizza Macaroni & Cheese Recipe. It was delicious. I liked how some parts the "pizza"portion was evident and other parts I just tasted the macaroni and cheese.
Pizza Macaroni & Cheese Recipe 

 Ingredients 

 2 packages (14 ounces each) deluxe macaroni and cheese dinner mix 
 1/2 cup sour cream 
 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) petite diced tomatoes, drained 
 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce 
 1 small green pepper, chopped 
 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped 
 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend 
 2 ounces sliced pepperoni 

 Directions 

Preheat oven to 350°. Cook macaroni according to package directions for al dente. Drain; return to pan. Stir in contents of cheese packets and sour cream. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine tomatoes and pizza sauce; drop by spoonfuls over macaroni. Top with peppers, cheese and pepperoni. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 12 servings. 

No comments: