Adapted from Taste of Home
ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 package (19-1/2 ounces) Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 cups chopped fresh kale
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken stock
- 1 carton (26 ounces) chicken stock
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook sausage and onion over medium heat 6-8
- minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Remove with
- a slotted spoon.
- Add kale to pot; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add garlic and, if desired,
- pepper flakes; cook 1 minute. Add wine; cook 2 minutes longer.
- Stir in sausage mixture and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 15-20 minutes or until kale is tender.
- Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Read more: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/italian-sausage-kale-soup#ixzz36FhORmle