It's obvious by now I am on a salad kick and am always on the look out for a different salad recipe. Especially ones that do not include pasta. Veggies, Legumes, greens and quinoa are what I look for in a recipe. So I was quite pleased to find one with my favorite "bean" the chickpea or also known as Garbanzo. It is such a versatile little thing. The salad was very flavorful and I would make it over and over. Would go great with a fish or seafood.
Greek Garbanzo Salad
Adapted From: Jennifer’s Kitchen
- 3 cups (two 15-ounce can) garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced small
- 1/2 cup chopped olives
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt – see note
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder or granulated onion
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- Mix together garbanzos, diced onion, diced celery, olives, and lemon juice in a large mixing bowl.
- Finely chop parsley and oregano and mince garlic.
- Stir in oil and salt.
- Immediately before serving, stir in tomato and fresh basil.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.