Ok so maybe I do have another favorite way to eat chicken. I didn't realize this till I was perusing more salad recipes.
I love chicken satay. The spicy and sweet blend of flavors. And throw it in a delicious salad and there you have a happy belly.
(makes 4 servings)
1 batch Thai satay marinade
1 pound chicken breasts (boneless and skinless)
4 cups salad greens
2 avocados (stoned, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces)
1 small cucumber (sliced)
4 green onions (sliced)
1 handful cilantro (chopped)
1/4 cup peanut sauce
2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut milk
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons fish sauce
2 birds eye chilies (sliced)
2 teaspoons sugar
2 tablespoons peanuts (roasted and chopped)
1. Marinate the chicken in the Thai satay marinade in the fridge for 1 hour to overnight.
2. Grill the chicken over med-high heat until cooked and slightly charred, about 3-5 minutes per side.
3. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes and then slice it thinly.
4. Mix the salad greens, avocado, cucumber, green onion and cilantro in a large bowl.
5. Mix the peanut sauce, coconut milk, lime juice, fish sauce, chili and sugar.
6. Toss the salad and dressing.
7. Divide the salad between four plates, top with the chicken and garnish with the chopped peanuts.