Wednesday, November 07, 2012


I guess it was the pretty colors that grabbed me when I decided I would try to make this recipe at a get together over the summer. I didn't want so many mayo based things sitting out. But the flavor combinations are great. You can make all the ingredients from scratch. Or buy store brought. I like my pesto home made. And one day I will try to make a baguette.  I wish I had an Avocado tree.  Anyway this appetizer is good for any suare

Avocado with Pesto Crostini  
Adapted from Love You Madly
Baguette (sliced)
Avocado (sliced)
Pesto (store bought is fine!)
Olive Oil
Sea salt
Heat olive oil in a skillet. Place sliced baguette (inside of bread face down) in pan and allow it to brown. Remove from heat and smear a thin layer of pesto on bread. Add slices of avocado. Sprinkle with sea salt. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jesser said...

All of my favorite things, except maybe chocolate, but that would be gross. Thanks for the recipe!