Friday, October 26, 2012



For some reason we don't always finish the blueberries in the fridge. I guess maybe the kids and I like them really firm. And I save all the soft blueberries for baking. This recipe was supposed to be a bundt cake. I could not find that particular pan so I used my trusty loaf pan. And I totally cannot recall where I found this recipe. I feel badly I am not giving whoever posted it credit. The loaf was moist and delicious.

Lemon Blueberry Bundt
 
Ingredients
2-3/4  cups  all-purpose flour
1-1/2  teaspoons  baking powder
1/4  teaspoon  baking soda
1/4  teaspoon  salt
1  cup  (2 sticks) unsalted butter,
  at room temperature
1-3/4  cups  sugar
4    eggs
2  tablespoons  lemon juice
1  tablespoon  lemon zest
1-1/2  teaspoons  vanilla extract
1  cup  buttermilk
1-1/4  tablespoon  flour
1-1/4  cups  blueberries, tossed with 1 tablespoon flour
  Glaze:
1-1/2  cups  confectioners sugar
6 to 7  teaspoons  lemon juice
1  tablespoon  corn syrup
 Lemon zest for garnish, optional
Directions
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour a 12-cup bundt pan.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and
salt. Set aside.
3. In another large bowl, beat butter until smooth. Add sugar and beat for 2
to 3 minutes until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after
each addition. Add lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla and beat until
combined. Beat in flour in three additions, alternating with buttermilk.
Beat for 2 minutes on medium- high. Fold in blueberries. Spoon into prepared
pan.
4. Bake at 350°F for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center
of cake comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Run a sharp
knife around edges of the pan. Turn out and cool completely.
5. Glaze: In a small bowl, mix together confectioners sugar, lemon juice and
corn syrup until smooth. Drizzle over top of cake and let it roll down the
sides.

No comments: