Friday, July 13, 2012

This was a really delicious salad. So fresh and the dressing really surprised me. I never thought I would enjoy a mayo based dressing. But why not. Now that I think of it most store brought dressings probably are. The only thing I did differently is I chopped the avocado instead of stuffing everything into the avocado. Great for a summer main meal or side dish. Went fantastic with the fish I served.








Shrimp stuffed in an Avocado with 3 Citrus Aioli 
Adapted from Proud Italian Cook

Ingredients
Avocado
Shrimp
Tomatoes
Red onion
Granulated garlic
Fresh parsley

Directions:
Scoop out one side of an avocado, dice into medium chunks and place into a bowl, add your cooked shrimp that has also been cut into medium chunks ( leave a few whole). Toss in grape tomatoes that have been cut in half, granulated garlic, fresh parsley and red onion, stuff it back into the other avocado half.
For the 3 Citrus Aioli, combine the juice of a lemon, lime and orange, whisk it into a good store bought mayonnaise until you get the right consistency and then drizzle all over. The citrus brightens everything up and goes perfectly with the shrimp and creamy avocado.







No comments: