Monday, March 26, 2012

I know folks are on a anti-Paul kick now. I get it. It's just I really wanted to tried making fried mac and cheese balls. You see I really love mac and cheese and once I tried a fried mac and cheese ball it was so heavenly. Don't worry I don't plan on making either recipe a regular dinner or lunch option. The recipe was very easy and the results tasty!









































Lady's Fried Mac
Adapted from Paula Deen


Ingredients


1 recipe "The Lady's Cheesy Mac" prepared, chilled in the refrigerator overnight, and cut into 15 squares, recipe follows
1 pound bacon
Flour
2 eggs, beaten
Plain bread crumbs
Peanut oil, for frying
Directions


Heat peanut oil to 350 degrees F.
Wrap each square of cheesy mac with 1 strip of bacon, and fasten with toothpick. Dredge each square in flour then egg and then bread crumbs to coat. Fry for about 3 minutes until golden brown.
The Lady's Cheesy Mac:


4 cups cooked elbow macaroni, drained
2 cups grated Cheddar
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup sour cream
4 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Once you have the macaroni cooked and drained, place in a large bowl and while still hot and add the cheddar. In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and add to the macaroni mixture. Pour macaroni mixture into a casserole dish and bake for 30 to 45 minutes. Top with additional cheese if desired.

1 comment:

Jesser said...

Man this sounds SUPER decadent. Maybe after my half marathon I will have to give it a go. ;)