Monday, December 05, 2011


I have been wanting tuna lately. But not necessarily tuna salad with mayo or cooked tuna either. Then I found a recipe for Tuna Panzanella restaurant. I really enjoy Panzanella salad. I've been making it even before I knew a recipe existed. What person doesn't like nice crunchy bread soaking up olive oil and vinegar in the bottom of their salad. I thought the tuna would give a nice little kick to the salad recipe. And it really did. It is a great combination. I may never have Panzanella salad the original way again.



Tuna Panzanella Salad
adapted Framed Cooks

2 cans of tuna (12 oz each) or 2 pouches of tuna (5 oz or 6.4 oz each)
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 taspoons minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 loaf (4-5 cups) Italian bread, cubed
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 large tomato, cubed
1 medium cucumber, cubed
1 red onion, diced
15 large fresh basil leaves, chopped
1/2 cup light balsamic vinaigrette


Preheat oven to 300° F. In a large bowl, toss bread cubes with olive oil, garlic and salt. Spread on a baking sheet and bake for 7-10 minutes until toasted. In another large bowl, mix tuna, peppers, tomato, cucumber onion, and oregano together to blend well. Add bread cubes, basil, and vinaigrette and toss well. Garnish with fresh basil, and salt and pepper to taste.

No comments: