Wednesday, November 30, 2011




I found a delicious recipe for cobbler. A Texas Blueberry Cobbler.

The outcome seemed like cake to me. I consider Cobbler to have crumbles on top. Or am I thinking of something else. As I read the post further I realized that this is what Texans consider Cobbler. And who am I to argue with a Texan.

It was a very soft and flavorful cake none the less. Quite easy to make. And I am sure to be a hit at any meal or snack. So good.

Texas-Style Blueberry Cobbler, from Adapted from Framed Cooks

4 tablespoons butter cut into 4 pieces
8 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
3 cups blueberries
1 1/2 cups flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 cups milk

1. Preheat oven to 350. Place 4 tablespoons cut up butter in 9x13 inch baking pan and put in oven until butter is melted, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove but leave oven on.
2. Pulse 1/4 cup sugar and lemon zest in food processor until combined, about 5 pulses.
3. Using potato masher, mash blueberries with 1 tablespoon of the lemon sugar until berries are coarsely crushed.
4. Combine flour, remaining sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Whisk in 8 tablespoons melted cooled butter and milk until smooth. Pour batter into the baking dish with the melted butter.
5. Drop spoonfuls of blueberry mixture evenly over batter, sprinkle with remaining lemon sugar and bake until golden brown and edges are crispy, about 45-50 minutes.
6. Cool about 30 minutes and serve warm.

No comments: