I love the potato. How can one not? It is so versatile and tasty. However one prepares a potato or whatever ingredient is added to it only makes the potato better. And what a better recipe than baked potato soup during the colder months.
I used 365 Days of Slow Cooking's recipe and it was oh so easy and delicious. My youngest loved especially.
Baked Potato Soup
- 5lbs Russet Potatoes, washed but NOT peeled. Diced into 1/2 inch(ish) cubes
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 10 cloves of garlic, whole
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 16 oz cream cheese (I used 8oz regular and 8oz lowfat)
- 1 TBS seasoned salt or all-purpose seasoning (I use Aunt Cora's Soulful Seasoning)
- Crumbled bacon
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Green onions
- Add potatoes, onion, garlic, seasoning and chicken stock to slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 6 hours or low for 10 hours.
- Remove and puree the garlic cloves along with 1/2 to 1/3rd of the soup, and then reintroduce to the remainder in the crock pot.
- Stir in the cream cheese and allow to melt. Stir every 10-15 minutes until soup is well blended.
- Top with your choice of garnishes & serve!
Yields about 10-12 servings.