Sunday, February 13, 2011

I first had this cake over 4th of July. This dessert brought by a friend of the hostess was the highlight of the entire get together. Sure there were other desserts but this was phenomenal. It was flavorful and light. Suprising since I find most crumb cakes heavy. I have since seen various versions of this recipe. This is the easiest I have found and oh so satisfying.

I finally got the person to share it with me. Not sure where she found the recipe originally. But I made the recipe over the holidays and forgot to take a photo before being cut into but if the photo below shows how good the cake is since it was going so quickly.



Crumb Cake

Ingredients:

GREASE AND FLOUR COOKIE SHEET

1 YELLOW CAKE MIX
1 PKG. INSTANT VANILLA PUDDING
4 EGGS
1 CUP WATER
½ CUP OIL

Directions

PREHEAT OVEN TO 350
MIX ALL INGREDIENTS FOR 2 MINUTES. POUR IN PAN. BAKE FOR 20
MINUTES.

REMOVE FROM OVEN AND SPREAD JELLY (I USE EITHER
RASPBERRY OR APRICOT). ADD TOPPING AND BAKE FOR 15
MINUTES MORE.

TOPPING
½ POUND BUTTER MELTED
2 CUPS FLOUR-NO SIFTING
1 CUP SUGAR
4 TSP. CINNAMON

MIX TOGETHER-PUT ON CAKE AFTER IT HAS BAKED FOR TWENTY
MINUTES.

I ALSO PUT CONFECTIONERS SUGAR ON TOP AFTER THE CAKE
HAS COOLED.

No comments: