Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Apple Puff Pancake

I used to have a recipe for breakfast which I loved loved loved. It was a baked apple pancake recipe. I used to know how to make it from scratch. I used to chop the apples and cook them on the stove top with butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar and top it with a similar but more cakey mixture as below and bake it in the oven at 325 for 25 minutes. That is until I found the following recipe. I could only describe it to my friend as "Girl this is smack you in the face good. Serve it with bacon or breakfast sausage on the side and you know what the angels eat for breakfast."



Apple Puff Pancake

Mix the follwing ingredients in a blender.
1/2 cups milk
3eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tbsp. sugar
pinch of salt
2 tbsp brown sugar or
sprinkle with icing sugar after it is baked

1 apple peeled and thinly sliced
2 tbsp. butter
Preheat oven to 425

Place butter in pie pan and melt the butter in the oven.
Thinly slice apple and when butter is melted arrange apples in to the pan.
Mix the remaining ingredients in a blender (or by hand),
Carefully pour into the hot pan.
Sprinkle with brown sugar and extra cinnamon if you desire.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or till puffed and golden.

2 comments:

Jesser said...

Emailed to Norm & Craig/HPE.

ljc said...

We call these Dutch Babies! http://goo.gl/xUO4N