I do have several posts I want to write but I don't have the energy, time or clarity. This is all I can muster up. I found this quiz over at I Like To Cook.
100 things that Very Good Taste thinks everyone should eat at least once in their life.
Here are the instructions. I don't know how to cross words out on blogger so I italicized what I would never eat
1) Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.
2) Bold all the items you’ve eaten.
3) Cross out any items that you would never consider eating.
4) Optional extra: Post a comment here at www.verygoodtaste.co.uk linking to your results.
The VGT Hundred:
Here's my results -
1. Venison - I don't want to try it. I know very narrow minded but anything described as gamey doesn't sound appealing to me
2. Nettle tea
3. Huevos rancheros - I love Mexican and Eggs why haven't I eaten this?
4. Steak tartare- I know I love Sushi but hell no to this!
5. Crocodile- Seriously tasted like chicken!
6. Black Pudding - Yes it was gross.
7. Cheese fondue - Cheese are you kidding! It's my favorite. Melted and gooey even better.
9. Borscht - My mom made this my entire life. There are two different kinds. Beet and Meat. I have only tried the meat.
10. Baba ghanoush - Also another thing I have eaten all my life. My mother made it without the Tahini. Much better!
11. Calamari - Seafood. Bring it on!! Love the stuff!
12. Pho - Enjoyed a delicious bowl of it in Victoria, BC. It was fabulous!
13. PB&J sandwich - Really come on. What kid Western kid has not!
14. Aloo gobi - Indian food = Awesome! It's fantastic!
15. Hot dog from a street cart - Heck yeah. The best are in Toronto!
16. Epoisses - Eww! No!
17. Black truffle
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes - Not a wine drinker.
19. Steamed pork buns - Love them especially the BBQ
20. Pistachio ice cream - My mom's favorite and one of mine.
21. Heirloom tomatoes - LOVE THEM!!!!
22. Fresh wild berries - Yes in Armenia.
23. Foie Gras
24. Rice and beans - Yep MIL is Puerto Rican.
25. Brawn, or head cheese - In the words of Whitney Houston. Hell to the NO!
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper - Hot as what I imagine hell would be.
27. Dulce de leche Fabulous stuff!!
28. Oysters - give me buckets of them
29. Baklava - My mom's version is my husband's favorite.
30. Bagna cauda
31. Wasabi peas - Wish I could live on the stuff. The peas taste a lot like dehydrated chickpeas.
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl - Heck YEAH!
33. Salted lassi
34. Sauerkraut - What hot dog is good without kraut?
35. Root beer float - Not a fan of root beer.
36. Cognac with a fat cigar - Not a fan of hard liquor or smoking.
37. Clotted cream tea - unfortunetly no
38. Vodka jelly/Jell-O - HELL YEAH!
39. Gumbo - Yummy!!!
41. Curried goat My brother makes it quite tasty!
42. Whole insects
43. Phaal - If I could find the stuff I would!
44. Goat’s milk
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more
47. Chicken tikka masala
48. Eel - I love eel Sushi!
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut - a little slice of heaven.
50. Sea urchin
51. Prickly pear
54. Paneer - yum yum
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal
56. Spaetzle - Buttery goodness.
57. Dirty gin martini
58. Beer above 8% ABV
59. Poutine - Canadian goodness!
60. Carob chips
61. S'mores - Not a fan.
64. Currywurst - Not yet but someday I hope!
66. Frogs’ legs - Also tastes like chicken.
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake - All of them and all awesome!
69. Fried plantain
70. Chitterlings, or andouillette - OMG! So good!
72. Caviar and blini
73. Louche absinthe
74. Gjetost, or brunost i would try this. google revealed that a cheese shop i used to go to in calgary sells it. wish i'd known that last year.
77. Hostess Fruit Pie - YUMMO!!!!!
79. Lapsang souchong
81. Tom yum
82. Eggs Benedict
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant.
85. Kobe beef
90. Criollo chocolate
92. Soft shell crab
93. Rose harissa
95. Mole poblano
96. Bagel and lox Hell yes!!
97. Lobster Thermidor - I have no idea why not yet!!
98. Polenta- Grew up on the stuff. Awesome!!
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee