Thursday, September 13, 2007

Two of my favorite activities is to try new foods and travel. Although that is not a constant reality for me. I get my fill by watching food and travel shows. My two faves were combined into one when I finally watched Feasting on Asphalt. Chef Alton Brown and friends, ride around America on motorcycles tasting the various dishes the U.S. is known for.
Another good show is Have Fork Will Travel. The host, Zane Lamprey (who reminds me of the host on While You Were Out Evan Farmer)visits places all over the world. Both shows as well as others have been inspired by Anthony Bourdain, of course with distinct styles of their own. I heard Gwyneth Paltrow and chef Mario Batali are going to be cohosting a food and travel show as well about Spain, but I still haven't warmed up to the idea yet of watching it.

No comments: