Wednesday, June 06, 2007

I used to love going to the movies. Large screen, popcorn and drink. I could sit back for a few hours and escape from the problems of the world. Then more and more people forgot their manners. They wouldn't turn off their cell phones, talk loudly, bring their children to a movie that made them freak out. They thought they were at home. I would have to go to see a new film at strange hours. It became a luxury instead of a past time. So when Netflix came out I decided it would be much cheaper and quieter to enjoy a film at home. I didnn't go out of the house to see a film as often. I recently found out that you can snitch on other movie patrons if they are too noisy and get them kicked out. It is would also be nice if snacks and the price of the movie itself could be a little bit cheaper, then I would probably go to the movies much more.

3 comments:

Mike said...

From what I've heard, the devices to snitch on people who are talking and stuff are only handed out to like 1 or 2 people per movie. So it probably won't do much. But it's a steo in the right direction.

I think a lot depends on the type of movie you go to see. I think people behave the worst at scary movies for some reason. I was pleasantly surprised when we went to see Knocked Up, the crowd was well behaved and quiet.

Shannon said...

when Jeremy and I went to go see spider man 3 there was a 4 year old there... and omg all he did was ask questions... first off not a movie to take a 4 year old too... and the mom did nothing to shut him up... I was about to wing my purse at him by the end... and oh yeah he peed his pants too... and didn't tell his mom... I want to be a snitch lol...

Yvett said...

Most of the movies I go see in a theater are kids movies, so I'm stuck with the noise. I agree, though, that if it weren't so expensive, we'd go more often.