Monday, September 11, 2006

I can't believe its been five years since 9/11. Time really does go by quickly. The city was almost identical to 9/11/01 when I emerged from the train station this morning. Times Square was at a standstill with people watching the large television screen on the ABC building. This time though they were watching the names being read, they are read every year since. I am really sad and discouraged that after five years we can't find the lunatic responsible for this, that as a country we easily got side tracked with other things. I am sad for all those children who lost parents that day. For people who lost loved ones but happy for those who were able to escape and have managed to go on. I don't know if we as a nation can really be at peace though unless the maniac responsible is caught.

4 comments:

foodiechickie said...

Well said. I just wish it didn't take something like this for people to.

Eddie said...

I think Ani, things like this will never change because in general people are overwhelmed and uncomfortable making hard decisions in life and following through. It's unfortunate that the country has become distracted and will only remember today.

Mike said...

The Senate is supposed to vote in the near future whether or not to resume the search for Bin Laden.

foodiechickie said...

Sad but true Linda Rae.

I hope they continue to search for him.