Monday, February 13, 2006

Thank you again to all of those who left sweet comments, emailed, called or sent cards. I really appreciate your thoughtful acknowledgments. I know I will never get over the loss of my grandmother but it will get a little easier each day. I know I am lucky to have had a grandparent for so long and it was an honor to know her. I will miss my her greatly. The weekend was spent saying goodbye, mostly being at my parents home and seeing my mom's side of the family, their friends and sitting around and reminiscing while we ate platters and platters of food. My grandmother usually cheered everyone up at funerals. That was her job. And since her death we've been looking at pictures of her expecting them to speak back. Or the phone to ring and hear her voice one more time. This poem from an episode of Little House on The Prairie is stuck in my head since she passed away.

"Remember me with smiles and laughter,
for that is how I will remember you all.
If you can only remember me with tears,
then don't remember me at all."

I do have things to blog about like the massive snowstorm NY finally got, but haven't felt like it much. Just been reading other people's blogs because that is one of the ways I get through the day. Reading your entries cheer me up. Will post more tomorrow.

Song Stuck In My Head: "Adia" by Sarah McLaughlin
Craving: For things not to change

2 comments:

MarylandMommy said...

Still feeling your pain.....

foodiechickie said...

Thank you.