Thursday, February 23, 2006

I've stumbled upon a wonderful food mixture melted cheese on Challah bread. The sweetness of the bread goes beautifully with the cheddar. I was ordering breakfast one morning to eat at work and I asked for bacon, egg and cheese on a roll. The man at the counter gave me Challah bread instead. Again I did not realize this till I got to work. I think it may have been the first time I tried Challah. It was amazing. The egg and bacon kept falling off but cheese being sticky kept itself nicely on the bread. It was heaven. A nice option to white bread. A happy accident. I've also heard it is a good bread to use if you are making French Toast.



Song Stuck In My Head: "Time After Time" by Cyndi Lauper

Craving: For it to be Friday!

Enjoying: Egg Drop Soup and Myth Busters

16 comments:

Kelvin said...

I tell you. I won't have ever tried that bread unless you hadn't said to. Next time I see one in the bakery, I'm trying it.

Jessica said...

I'll have to try that too. I'm going through my bread baking phase. Now I'm hungry :)

Jesser said...

Mmm.. I love challah bread. It makes mean french toast too.

foodiechickie said...

Glad to help Kelvin. Hope you like it.

You're my kind of buddy Jessica. Hope you enjoy Challah as well. I loooooove bread. Mmmm carbs. Nice new picture too!

Good to know there is proof Jess.

Mike said...

I think you should do a Weird Al Yankovitch style parody of that Gwen Staffani song and call it "Challah Bread" girl.

That bread looks so fluffy, I want to lay on it like a pillow.

Jessica said...

Bread and butter rules!

foodiechickie said...

I wonder if someone has? Did you see on Web Junk about the Curry Girl one? It is a fluffy bread Mike

It sure does Jessica!

Lisanne said...

"Challah Bread Girl," LOL!!!!! :D

Looks delicious! Oh, we love the show "Mythbusters," too!

Yvett said...

Mmm... a tasty bread is always a good find. I'll be on the lookout for it. It sounds like a good bread to make a turkey/cheese melt on. Yummy carbs. :)

foodiechickie said...

That song is going to be stuck in your head isn't in Lisanne? Great another Myth Buster fan!

God a Turkey and cheese melt sounds awesome! I used to love that on bagels but the Challah sounds good too.

MarylandMommy said...

Sounds VERY yummy!!!

foodiechickie said...

It was:)

Linda Rae said...

your like my daughter, no one can get her order right! :)

foodiechickie said...

It even happens when I am ordering Chinese.

justJENN said...

This is the second time you haven't gotten a correct order. I'd be raving mad by now.

It happens to me all the time too. I usually throw fits and kick myself for not checking the bag before I leave the damn take out place.

foodiechickie said...

Eh worse things could have happened and I wouldn't have known about the Challah if the guy didn't give me the wrong bread.