Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Papa Johns menu offers a dessert pizza. What pray tell is dessert pizza? It is pretty much a warm thick crust with fruit topping and icing. It comes in three flavors. Apple Twist, Cinna Swirl and Very Berry. Niel and I had the Very Berry. It is pretty good. And seems easy enough to make. I'm glad they decided to have their own version because I became curious to try one after I saw an episode of the Food Network where a pizza place I have never heard of was selling them as a novelty item.



Song Stuck In My Head: "Father Figure" by George Michael
Craving: Sushi

12 comments:

Mike said...

Sounds like strudel.

foodiechickie said...

But looks like pizza.

Jessica said...

We got one of those on Saturday night. They were having a special and it came free with a large pizza. Luke liked the berries and icing! I thought it would be bigger than it was.

Robyn said...

Mmm, that's my kind of pizza...

Linda Rae said...

ew, i so don't want to try it lol.. but i am no fun when it comes to sweets. song stuck in my head: "Let's go all the way!" by Sly Fox and i am craving: a spicy v8!

foodiechickie said...

Which one would you think would be bigger Jessica, the regular pizza or the dessert pizza?

Hope you find a Papa Johns near you Robyn.

Yeah you're not much for sweets. I like savory foods myself but I get a sweeth tooth every now and then. Mmmm spicy.

Jessica said...

The dessert pizza. :)

foodiechickie said...

Ahh I figured but wasn't sure. I guess they felt the customer would get too stuffed? Ha!

Victoria Winters said...

I used to make those at a pizza place I worked at as a kid. They're yummy!

foodiechickie said...

Oh so its not a new invention.

Lisanne said...

You know, for some reason ... nothing goes better with pizza than cinnamon! We've always *loved* Pizza Hut's cinna-sticks ... haven't tried the Papa John's yet, though. Mmm, will have to! :) You are making me hungry ...

foodiechickie said...

Hope you enjoy Poppa Johns!