Friday, December 30, 2005

For Christmas Niel got me a book I really wanted Julie and Julia. I yelped with happiness after I opened the gift and said "You do love me"! Niel just shook his head and called me a "weirdo." Julie Powell is a writer who blogged about cooking all 524 recipes of Julia Child's cookbook Mastering The Art Of French Cooking in 365 days. That process was a major turning point in Julie Powell's life. Julie Powell, Orangette, and Dooce are some of my favorite new writers. I wouldn't have even discovered them if it wasn't for blogging. I enjoy their way with words and honesty.



Other cool books I received Paula Deen And Friends(from the Squilky's), Cupcakes Year Round, and It's All American Food. The last cookbook I had been eyeing as well and didn't even mention it to Niel. I was surprised to receive it. It was as if Niel read my mind. I read his mind also when I gave him Amazin. Which he had been wanting but did not mention to me either. Spooky.

Song Stuck In My Head: "Forgiven" by Alanis Morissette

6 comments:

Mike said...

Make sure you have plenty of butter on hand before trying one of Paula's recipes on hand ;-)

foodiechickie said...

You ain't kidding Mike.

Me too Jess:)

Yvett said...

She cooked ALL the recipes in a year? Wow. I've had some cookbook for years and still haven't used all the recipes. Shame on me.

foodiechickie said...

It's a really interesting book. More about self discovery. She mentions the recipes though.

Molly said...

Foodiechickie, I saw this post a few days ago, and I've been meaning to come back ever since to say thank you! I'm honored to be on your list of favorites, my dear. Happy New Year to you, and all the best in 2006!

foodiechickie said...

Thanks for stopping by! I am honored. You are an amazing story teller! The best to you as well and a Happy New Year! Keeping my fingers crossed for the bloggies!