Tuesday, November 29, 2005

I had some left over Tamale Pie as well as some phyllo dough and decided to make turnovers. And it worked out splendidly. I used the below Tamale Pie recipe plus various shredded cheeses I had on hand. I put both the Tamale Pie and the cheeses in the phyllo and baked it for about half an hour at 325 in the oven. Good for appetizers or a snack.

California Tamale Pie
1 pound lean ground beef, browned
3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
1 1/2 cups milk
1 egg, beaten
1 envelope chili seasoning mix
1 tablespoon seasoned salt
1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 (16 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
2 1/4 ounces sliced ripe olives, drained
1 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
Stir together cornmeal, milk and egg. Add remaining ingredients, except cheese. Pour into crockpot, cover, cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours. Sprinkle cheese over top, cover and cook another 5 minutes.

Song Stuck In My Head: "Bad, Bad, Man" by John Cena

No comments: