Wednesday, August 10, 2005

The weather is getting a little cooler during the day and a lot cooler during the evenings that I've had to take a blanket to bed. There must be a breeze or two because the fans feel like they are working a lot stronger. It makes me look forward to Fall. Although I do realize there is another month and a half of Summer. But whenever I see school and Halloween supplies in stores I assume Fall is around the corner. I am looking forward to all Fall brings. Fuzzy sweaters, belly warming soups, and luminous decorations. I have enjoyed the summer though. Feeling the sun on my face, eating corn at street fairs, and watching fireflies dance around me.

But Summer isn't Summer without me getting a sunburn. I don't tan, I burn. Even with a high amount of sunscreen. I am a burner. And I have a farmer's burn at that.

 Posted by Picasa


Song Stuck In My Head: "Eep Aaap Ork Ah Ah" from The Jetsons cartoon.

16 comments:

Jessica said...

I am so ready for the fall too! Ready for that cool, crisp air. I am a burn and then tan kinda girl!

p.s I deleted that last one because of a major typo! :)

Amanda said...

I am *so* ready for fall soon too. Baked apples, fall festivals, sweaters, cool nights, warm blankets. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. We love it.

foodiechickie said...

Hey Jessica and Amanda!

Jessica, I sometimes but rarely tan after a burn. How funny! Glad Fall will be around the corner soon!

Mmmm baked apples sound so good Amanda.

Yvett said...

I am absolutely ready for fall. I was already asking my daughter what she wants to be for Halloween. Truthfully, I just can't wait to really start using my new oven. It's way to hot to be baking anything right now. I can't wait.
"Eep Aaap Ork means I love you". Thanks it's in my head now too. :)

foodiechickie said...

My husband and I are discussin a Halloween get together. Heh heh. He knows what he wants to be for Halloween. Glad you got that song!

Jesser said...

I actually got a tan this summer. A first for me. But it took a burn to put it there. And then I had this irritating little tan line from my CamelPack ... grrr.. That still hasn't gone away.

foodiechickie said...

Hmmm try some aloe?

Victoria Winters said...

Nice. I have a wicked sunburn right now on my chest - Chicago girl's not used to the hot, Tennessee sun! :)

Victoria Winters said...

And, no, I don't mean on my BARE chest! I WAS wearing a swimsuit! :)

foodiechickie said...

LOOOL! I know what you meant. Teee heeee! But hey if you wanted to go to a nude peach that would be your beeswax! I'm pretty liberal minded.

Rachel said...

the pic looks like a close up of the coppertone girl!

foodiechickie said...

See how pail I am!!

Hannah said...

I burn too! Isn't it awful? I think James and I spent half of our honeymoon putting sunscreen on. I got badly burned this summer, as I usually do. Use some aloe-- it works well! :-)

foodiechickie said...

Yes aloe is great!

Lisanne said...

I don't feel like it's summertime unless I get a little bit of a sunburn, too! I know that's bad. I'll probably get skin cancer someday, LOL! :) Anyway, I'm not quite ready for fall yet. August is a hard month ... it's so in-between.

foodiechickie said...

God FORBID Lisanne! Just think you get to dress up Lucas for his first Halloween and Thanksgiving. It will be fun!