Friday, August 19, 2005

I am soooo glad it is Friday. Been missing Friday Five lately. They were fun for me. And now I decided to try them again. You may see some old Friday Five's paired with new ones. Play if you like and happy weekend all!

New

1] Before making a telephone call, do you ever rehearse what you're
going to say? Why/why not? For work I have to.

2] If you were expelled from your country and had only limited
financial resources, where would you try to rebuild your life? Why? Canada. I really like our northern neighbor. They're nice. And its a gorgeous country.

3] If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about any one thing you
wished ~ concerning yourself, your life, the future, or anything else
~ what would you want to know? No. I'd like to think we make our own choices.

4] A good friend pulls off a well-conceived practical joke that plays
on one of your foibles and makes you look ridiculous. How would you
react? Why? Depends what it would be. I've had a much thicker skin. Could be thicker.

5] If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one ability or
quality, what would it be? Why? How would you use it? Make all the world leaders stop wars, feed the hungry and just be helpful.

Old

1] Do you enjoy keeping up-to-date on current events? Why/why not?
Where do you typically get your news [TV, the radio, magazines, the
Internet, or elsewhere]? Through the web and the John Stewart show. I'd like to have him, Seth McFarland and Mr. T for dinner together.

2] Have you ever been interviewed for a news story? When the story
aired/was published, were you happy with how it turned out? Was your
photo included with it? No.

3] Imagine that you have the opportunity to become a foreign
correspondent for a week. Where would you want to report from, and
what types of stories would you be interested in doing? England or Canada. Just local stories about how people live.

4] A friend has some major news to share. Are you usually the first
one to find out or always the last to know? Do you do a good job of
keeping big news a "secret" if the person doesn't want anyone to
know? Do you become upset if you're left "out of the loop"? I am good at secrets. I would be somewhere in the middle.

5] Name five topics [or issues, or stories] that you wish the news
media would cover [either nationally or locally]. I think the media focuses tooooooo much on celebrity. And not enough on real stories. But maybe in a way those celebrity stories are escapisim because the stories about war, death, disease and famine are too much.

Song Stuck In My Head: "American Dragon" from Disney's Jake Long.

3 comments:

Hannah said...

I agree with you about the news. Enough about Brad & Angelina and Jessica Simpson already. All I hear about lately are celebrities.

I would consider Canada too. It's so pretty! :-)

Jessica Moreau Berry said...

Hi Ani! Can you believe I am just getting around to reading the blogs? I had to get up WAY early this morning to pull it off!

I posted a pic of that adorable magnet you sent me!

I LOVE all of the pictures you posted of Spring Fling! Can't wait to see yours!

OK....what exactly is the EGG collection? Is it egg cookers...or ANYTHING egg? (email me on this...I really want to know...you never know what I might find out there!)

BUMMER about the apartment! What do you think you two will do?

Have a nice weeend!

PS...(I REALLY LOVE that freakin' magnet!)

foodiechickie said...

Thanks Jes. Did you have a big ol' cup of joe this morning? I am happy you like the magnet!! My Spring Fling should be out today or Monday. A post about my pages should come Wednesday.
I'll email you about the eggs. LOL!
Maybe we'll buy a place. Prolly a condo/co-op first and then a house. A few years after that. Have a nice weekend too!