Well its finally Friday and you know what that means the Friday Forum. Since Sunday is mother's day the questions focus on that. Play along if you like and have a good weekend!
1) In your opinion, what characteristics make a good mother? What type of mom would you like to be (or if you're a mom already, what things do you feel are most important to teach your children)? Babies and children are like sponges. Learning comes from the very first minute they are born. I believe a mother or any parent should be patience, nurturing, have the ability to teach them from right from wrong (such don't steal, be respectful to people, not who to choose to love), make learning enjoyable, good hygiene(it's important), how to manage money well so they will be able to take care of themselves. All these things are a part of love
2) Do you have any special plans for Mother's Day this year? Niel and I are taking our mom's out to lunch.
3) What is your mother like? My mom is super talented. She can sew, bake, cook up a storm, she can draw very well and she gardens too. She likes Armenian music, and country music. She loves watching Monday night WB shows. She is wacky. Do you have a good relationship with her? After I have gotten married I can understand her a lot better, so yes we do. Every relationships has its bumps but its good for the most part. Does she live close by? She lives 15 minutes away by car. What kinds of things do you enjoy doing together? I like to watch her cook and when I was little we used to watch Indian movies together.
4) Do you have someone in your life who is like a "second mother" to
you? Who, and how did you meet this person? Do you serve as a "second
mother" to someone else? No to both questions.
5) If you have a mother-in-law, do you get along well with her? Yes.
Why/why not? She's my husband's mom it's important. I mean there will be things we disagree on but I don't see us being on Jerry Springer. Or with my mother either for that matter. Are your grandmothers still living, and do you plan to recognize them on Mother's Day, too? My maternal grandmother is a live. She lives in California. I sent her a Mother's day card. I also sent one to my aunts, cousin's, friends. Anyone that had kids. I think its also important to recognize men who have to be both father's and mother's and people just about to become parents.
Song Stuck In My Head: "Friday I'm In Love" by The Cure