Tuesday, December 28, 2004

What a nice commute I had today. There were four passengers total on my bus this morning and the bus driver only made three stops. Usually the driver would make ten stops and there would be 50 passengers crammed in every nook and cranny. The trip home was pretty quick too. I wish it was like that all the time. I was home sick yesterday. The holiday foods and a bit of stress( getting everything done and hoping everyone is happy with gifts) stopped my pluming. It happened during Thanksgiving also. I hope to be back to digestive normalness this week.

I came home to dinner cooked by Niel,. And a nice cup of cold water at the door. He has a bit of a break this week and offered to cook. A well deserved one I want to add. He gets home very tired and falls asleep either waiting for dinner or right after dinner. Niel doesn't get to do as much cooking. But when he does it is a treat for me. Besides playing his beloved Halo or anything on his XBOX he has given himself some chores to do around the apartment.

Here are pictures of tonight's dinner and dessert.

Breaded pork with whole wheat crumbs, garlic brocoli, and penne ala vodka with whole wheat noodles Posted by Hello


Strawberry milkshake fixens Posted by Hello


Yummy shake Posted by Hello


I also like it when Niel and I get to cook together. It feels cozy.

The picture below is a recipe I made from scratch over the weekend. I had something similar at a party and was able to remember the ingredients. It is simple but tasty. I used puff pastry(SB friendly) to line mini muffin pans and put a bit of egg, cooked bacon and cheese(I have used Provolone and cheddar. Both work well). I bake it at 350 for about 10 minutes.

Bacon, egg and cheese mini muffins
 Posted by Hello

No comments: