Thursday, September 16, 2004

Now that Summer is almost over Niel is back to his duties as scout master for a local boy scout troop. He shares some of the duties with another person. This means Friday night meetings, and occasionally sometimes up to three meetings a week, and camping trips. So this weekend he will be going on his first camping trip of the year. I am thinking of things to occupy myself with while he will be away. I think I'll go to the movies. There are some films I really can't see with Niel(Princess Diaries 2 and Vanity Fair);they'd torture him.

I know this position brings happiness to Niel as well as frustration. Like many relationships in life work, marriage, friendship, volunteer it needs nurturing. You have to water a plant to have it grow. When one person is organized and they work around a bit of chaos it can be aggravating. I am proud of my husband whatever he decides to do. In the end he needs to make himself happy and healthy.

7 comments:

Shannon said...

I think that's awesome that Niel volunteers with those kids. He's doing more good then he'll ever know!

foodiechickie said...

:)

Jesser said...

Saw Princess Diaries 2 ... I'd either see it at the cheapies or wait for video (the 99c rack), cuz it weren't very good (IMHO). The books are AWESOME tho... luv all of them. :o)

Mike said...

"Hey kids, on this weeks camping trip I'm gonna teach you how to make low carb chili" and iced tea with Splenda :-)

foodiechickie said...

Jess I'm going to see it at the Matinee Price and Mike kids can't be on the diet.

Mike said...

I know Ani, it was a joke. Hence the smiley guy :-)

foodiechickie said...

Yeah I get what a smiley face means. Didn't know if you knew anyway.