Thursday, August 05, 2004

It has been a busy two days for me. I had a luncheon meeting with a client which I had to prepare for and afterwards get back to about some questions he had.
Today I have two appointments plus I am taking out the summer intern to lunch since it is her last day. The work never ends.

Tonight I have my mother in law coming for dinner. We saw her on Tuesday night when she returned from her vacation. When Niel spoke to her earlier on Tuesday she told him she liked the back yard.

I finished reading Shoeless Joe. It is a wonderfully written book. The author really has an appreciation for the written word and characters. One of the characters in the book which I don't remember being in the film, Kid Scissors had such awful daughters. They laughed at his love of baseball, while a neighbor Ray Kisella the main character appreciated his time and stories. I think this is sad when it happens to families when they don't appreciate one another and take the time to do things together. I have fantasies of holidays and get togethers and they just seem so out of grasp.

Niel's boss is a very nice lady. She is a good boss to Niel and anytime she is on a business trip she gets us little gifts. This time she returned from France and bought us back Herb De Provence, milk chocolates shaped like fish(a Sopranos reference...she is a fan also), and Greek Olive Oil.

The Greek olive oil had such a good taste, so different than the Italian Olive Oil's I am accustomed to, which to me are a bit strong, possibly this is because of the kind I buy. I understand there are different olives oil's based on the region, if they are virgin, extra virgin and so on. Based on those differences the tastes vary. This one had a light olivey flavor to it. It is very good.

"Olive Oil is a good source of antioxidants such as viamin E, which may help strenghten your immune system, as well as lower your risk of heart disease, diabetes and some cancers." Martha Stewart Living

No comments: