Tuesday, July 20, 2004

I brought 5 pints of blueberries yesterday. They were on sale for 98 cents. Not bad? We've been eating a lot of blueberries this Summer. We enjoy the taste so much!!!!

This is going to be a busy week for me. I have four sales calls and I have to prepare for them all. Ay.

I sometimes wonder if the only reason VH1 have these shows is so comedians can have work?

Niel got me a new book to read Gypsy Masala by Preethi Nair. I'll give a brief review after I am finished.

Our new sales assistant who also works for Kaplan was doing research for Kaplan on strange scholarships. Did you know that there are scholarships for tall people(6 foot and higher) for short people (4 feet and shorter), scholarships for wiccans( at The Coven of Crystal Waters) , scholarships if you are into goat farming, scholarships if you get accepted into the same school as your grandparents. Do a search on Google.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

looking forward to reading the book review
azura

foodiechickie said...

Oooh hello there! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Ani, I too love blueberries and want to pick them this year! We have a place here that plays live jazz music while you pick blueberries...how cool is that? I can't wait to go!

I also can't wait to hear about your new book...Have you read "Life of Pi" by Yann Martel? I absolutely love that story.

Michele
http://theprettypurse.blogs.com/

foodiechickie said...

That blueberry jazz thing sounds so neat! Have to put your state for places to visit. What time of the Summer is that?

You know its funny you mention that. We were in the book portion of the Target last Friday and I saw that book. I also heard about it on Shanny's blog. So I might consider reading it. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Ani,

I found the link to the blueberry picking...It's all happening this month and I think maybe next month too...

http://www.owlsheadfarm.com/ohf/index.htm

After you type in this link, click on the box that says "Vermont Summertime Experience"...on that page the "Harvest schedule" shows the dates and times of pickings and music! I still have not gone to this yet myself and I WILL do it this year!

I hope you will want to read "Life of Pi" sometime. Right now it's my favorite fictional story!

Michele
http://theprettypurse.blogs.com/

Shannon said...

blueberries are so good, and good for you! can't wait to hear about your book!

foodiechickie said...

Thanks Michele!

Hey Shannon didn't realize there were so many blueberry lovers!